Eurowerkstatt has a big network of hosting projects in Jena! We coordinate the application process, the prearrangements and the mentoring of the European volunteers coming to Jena. Our eleven hosting projects are mainly active in the field of child and youth welfare or international youth work.
You can apply for a voluntary service within the framework of the „European Solidarity Corps“ when you are 17 years old, but you have to be 18 years old when we start the project in September. Also, you must not be older than 30 at the beginning of September.
To participate, you must be legally resident in one of the EU Member States or one of the following countries:
• North Macedonia and Turkey
• Liechtenstein, Iceland and Norway
• Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Kosovo, Montenegro, Serbia
• Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Moldova, Ukraine
• Algeria, Egypt, Israel, Jordan, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Palestine, Syria, Tunisia
• Russian Federation
The duration of our project in Jena is 12 months: Our project starts on the 1st September 2020 and lasts until the 31st of August 2021. A sending organisation will help you with the prearrangements in your home country and we will welcome and support you, as soon as you all arrive to Jena. After our „month of orientation“ you will know your new home town, the daily life in Germany and your fellow volunteers and you can start working at your hosting project!
We and your sending organisation will take care of everything important: Your insurance, the application for Visa, your travel costs, your accommodation in Jena, a language course and your intercultural trainings and seminars. You will receive pocket money and food allowance, which will be approximately 400€/month. All in all, you don’t have to pay for your volunteering service!
On the other hand, you have to work 30h – 35h per week on 5 days in your hosting project, but you have 2 days off per month. We organise three intercultural trainings for the group of volunteers in Jena and you have to participate in two seminar weeks, which will be organised by the German National Agency of the „European Solidarity Corps.“
How to apply for a volunteering service in Jena
– information about our application process
– our application forms
The network of hosting projects
– presentation of the hosting projects
– information about the tasks for the volunteers
Living in Jena
– information about your accommodation
– pictures of the house, the garden and the flats
Volunteering in Jena
– impressions of our current volunteer
– experiences of our former volunteers